Fireplace crews in Drugs Hat fought a blaze that ignited Friday morning on the constructing that was as soon as the Royal Lodge.
Firefighters had been known as to the 100 block of South Railway Avenue and encountered smoke and flames from the two-storey construction that’s now residence to The Royal, self-described as ‘The Hat’s Classiest Dive Bar.’
Metropolis officers are encouraging the general public to keep away from the downtown space in the course of the fireplace response.
The reason for the hearth has not been confirmed.
The Royal Lodge initially opened in 1904 however the constructing has undergone quite a few alterations within the a long time that adopted. The resort was closed in 2019 earlier than reopening as The Royal institution.